Pale days, no more. With summer quickly approaching and the grass turning green, us ladies begin to feel the pressure.. the pressure to be tan that is. In the past I’ve had countless tanning memberships and gotten very dark.. sometimes beginning to look more like Chewbacca’s twin sister than myself. I’ve also tried spray tanning which resulted in looking like an unappetizing carrot. Not to say that all spray tanning ends up like that, just the ones that I have tried (probably, because i’m a cheap wad).
Thankfully my casper, chewbacca, and carrot days are over & with no risk of skin cancer thanks to my current favorite self-tanner…
Many of you might be skeptical to try self-tanners, and for good reason. Many lotions and potions I have tried in the past have left me streaky, strange colors, or disappointed. I am so happy to have found one that actually works so well! I have yet to try the lotion but I have discovered that the mousse is the perfect texture for my skin and has little to no odor (so you don’t have to smell like burnt skin or a stale coconut). Here are my tips & tricks to getting the most bang for your buck with Tanwise.
- Always exfoliate your body & shave your legs before self-tanning.
- Wear disposable latex gloves when applying. Nothing is worse than super obvious self-tanning palms.
- Don’t be afraid to apply regular body lotion beforehand on extra dry spots to avoid streaks.
- The easiest way to self tan is at night! This allows for the product to soak in overnight. Shower with chemical-free body wash the next morning (at least 5 hours after application) to wash off excess bronzer that sits on top of the skin.
- Even with the best product, use dark sheets or towels just to be safe. This mousse dries very fast but the bronzer in it can still stain sheets.
- Rub the product in quickly making circular motions.
One of the best things about this self tanner? The price! I purchased mine for $9.99 at Sally Beauty Supply. The tan lasts about 4-5 days depending on how often you shave your legs. For a longer tan, hydrate your skin daily with a regular lotion.
This picture was taken one day after I applied. Love the color!
If you’ve tried Tanwise before or have any other product recommendations make sure to leave me a comment. I want to hear from you!